This year’s growing list of partners reflects the growing strength and spread of real estate investment in the UK, with the Scottish Government, Homes England, Liverpool City Region, London and New Anglia all forming key partnerships with the Summit, which will be headlined by a keynote speech by housing minister Esther McVey.
The Summit has also partnered with a number of organisations that embody the dynamic, contemporary world of real estate. These include:
- FutureCity, the UK’s leading cultural placemaking agency, will curate a number of panel discussions on cultural infrastructure and creative placemaking, as well hosting tours of a number of public realm commissions in the City of London.
- There will also be a number of tours of key new developments near Old Billingsgate, hosted by ING Media, including: 22 Bishopsgate, 70 St Mary Axe, Broadgate and Fen Court.
- UK Green Building Council, the industry voice for creating a more environmentally-friendly built environment.
- British Property Federation, the trade association for commercial real estate.
MIPIM UK Summit is the leading Summit for real estate professionals, which brings together the investor community, property’s biggest players and government. Together, they will look closely at the changing dynamics of property and the investment opportunities for cities and regions across the UK, as well as the critical issues impacting on the future of UK real estate.
Rohan Marwaha, UK Regional Director for Reed MIDEM, commented: “Our broad range of partners and key speakers shows that there remains a strong momentum with real estate in the UK, even at a time of uncertain geopolitical challenges. There remain a number of issues that real estate must address, not least the housing crisis, diversity, mobility, digital transformation and, of course, Brexit. I look forward to hearing from government, investors and property professionals as they come together to discuss how we can ensure that the real estate sector continues to thrive and grow across the UK”.
Key attendees and speakers confirmed so far at this year’s Summit include:
- Nick Walkley, Homes England chief executive
- Roger Wade, Boxpark director
- Joanne McNamara, Oxford Properties head of investments
- Roger Madelin, head of Canada Water
- Michelle Dix, Crossrail 2 managing director
- Steve Rotheram, Mayor of Liverpool
- Liz Peace, Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation Chairman
- Tim Bowles, Mayor of West of England
- Deborah Cadman, West Midlands Combined Authority chief executive
- Colin Wilson, Cushman & Wakefield CEO
- Harry Badham, AXA IM Real Estate head of development
- Lisette Van Doorn, Urban Land Institute chief executive
- Stewart Wingate, Gatwick Airport CEO
- James Palmer, Mayor of Cambridgeshire
- Cllr John Alexander, Leader of Dundee City Council
- Carolyn Dwyer, City of London director for built environment
- Susan Freeman, Mischon de Reya partner for real estate
Press Registration is open now. Register here
About Reed MIDEM:
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional, international markets that are essential business platforms for key players in the sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR in Cannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television and digital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; Esports BAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM UK Summit in London, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong SAR, MIPIM PropTech NYC in New York, MIPIM PropTech Europe in Paris, MIPIM PropTech Asia in Hong Kong SAR for the tech and real estate industry; MAPIC in Cannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy and MAPIC Food in Milan, and MAPIC India in Mumbai for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
About Reed Exhibitions:
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organiser, with over 500 events in 30 countries. In 2018 Reed brought together over seven million event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexpo.com